Non-profit Status and Tax Information

Pleasant Valley School, Inc. A Non-Profit, 501(c)3 Corporation

Kinderhaus was created in 2007 as the early childhood component of Pleasant Valley School, Inc. Gifts to Kinderhaus are tax deductible as allowed by law.

Please contact us to obtain the Pleasant Valley School, Inc. tax ID number

Tax Deduction Information

The following information was gleaned from the Austin Waldorf School website and is provided as general information only. Additional information may be found at the Austin Waldorf School website. It may not apply in all circumstances. Please check with your own tax adviser.

What You Can Deduct

As long as you itemize on your tax return, you may deduct gifts to religious or charitable, scientific, literary, and educational organizations, as well as to organizations devoted to the prevention of cruelty to children or animals or those that foster amateur sports competitions.

Deductible gifts to nonprofits can take many forms. You can deduct cash contributions up to 50 percent of your adjusted gross income (AGI), and any excess contributions can be carried forward for up to five years. You also can make donations of property — from used clothing, to furniture, to computer equipment — and earn tax deductions. When you donate property, your deduction is generally equal to the fair market value of the property at the time you give it, not its original cost.

To make the most of your charitable contributions, consider donating appreciated capital gains property that you’ve owned for more than a year, such as shares of stock or a mutual fund. When you donate long-term property that has appreciated in value, you generally earn a deduction for the property’s fair market value and never have to pay capital gains tax on its appreciation. Contributions of appreciated capital gains property are generally limited to 30 percent of your adjusted gross income.

Documenting Your Contribution

Canceled checks are sufficient documentation for cash donations under $250, if you generously donate more than $250 you will need a receipt, letter or other statement from the charitable organization. The receipt must state whether or not the nonprofit provided any goods or services in exchange for the cash or property.